Want to earn Amazon Gift Cards and more? Click my swagbucks link to learn more!

Search & Win

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Birthday Deals!

After your first birthday, our family doesn't do birthday parties anymore and since the kids get a huge haul of toys/clothes/etc every Christmas we nix that too. So every year instead of those "traditional" things we take our girls to dinner and a movie of their choice. We are all big movie fiends so this works for us. And with five of us it costs over $40.00 just to see the movie so it is a SPECIAL treat to go to the actual theater vs a getting a dvd. Last year we saw Transformers 2 (Remy's choice) and Planet 51 (Holly's choice)..this year Remy, of course, is dragging us to see Twilight: Eclipse in a few weeks..Holly..well who knows, her birthday isn't until the end of the year and she changes her mind a hundred times lol..we go see what she says when we get to the cashier to pay!

So, that being said we made a quick trip to Winn Dixie..ran out of milk..and decided to get a few things I had coupons for lol..

I got:

-Four bags of Hershey candy..this was for the mail in rebate for a free movie ticket. With the kids home for summer break the candy will come in handy as bribes for good behavior when the baby is asleep lol..

-Three boxes of Kelloggs cereal (2 Rice Krispies for making treats with the girls) and a box of Frosted Flakes simply cause we like them. I made sure to get the ones marked with the Toy Story 3 promo so I was able to use the codes inside to get $5.00 in Movie concession stand bucks since TS 3 is something they want to wait on dvd to see!

-30 jars of Beechnut baby food..I had 3.00 in coupons for this and they were on sale 5/$2.

-5 boxes of Pop Tarts..these weren't on sale but I did have $1/2 coupons as well as my husband's discount of 5% so I didn't feel too bad. Plus I use the codes inside for THEIR movie ticket promo lol...use 5 different flavor codes for one ticket..we already traded in for one ticket and are working on another with these 5.

-Similac Big Can formula..I had a $5/1 coupon AND a $5/purchase of $20 in baby products coupon..this made a 50% savings! I paid less than $10 for this!

I am also part of the Winn Dixie baby club so for every baby product dollar spent I get points towards a $10 credit..its free money! Plus they give you awesome coupons..I already got free diapers, wipes, and Tide detergent!

So, to recap, we need 4 tickets to go see Twilight: Eclipse..so far I have 3 free tickets AND $5 towards our snacks! All for getting stuff we normally buy! Not a bad deal if I do say so myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment