Want to earn Amazon Gift Cards and more? Click my swagbucks link to learn more!

Search & Win

Friday, June 18, 2010

Need something to do with the kids this summer?

Well, the girls are home for the summer and that means a LOT of complaints of, "I'm BORED Mom!" Keeping them occupied is a chore in itself and with a family of five we don't have alot of spare money to put towards entertainment...which is why I have been looking for FREE ways to keep them happy lol..here is what I have found so far...

Lowes has these Build and Grow workshops this summer! I VERY rarely step foot in hardware stores but I will be for these! I went to one a couple of weekends ago with the girls (secret Father's Day Surprise for Phil lol) and it was awesome! The girls got cute Lowe's aprons (with a nametag), goggles, and the project supplies. Then after they were done making their "Secret Fathers Day Surprise" they got a badge just like the ones Boy/Girl Scouts get to sew on the apron and a certificate of completion! I wish the Peanut aka Koi was old enough to go too lol!

We plan to go 6/26 where they will be making a wood Monster Truck and again on 7/10 to make a wooden Ball and Cup game. It was so fun!

Info Here!



Toys R Us also periodically has special fun days for kids too. This weekend they have a Lego one, but we already have plans that day or I would deff go lol! For those that are interested here are the details for the Lego event...

Saturday June 19th from 12 - 2pm at your local Toys R Us.
Build your very own LEGO creation
Prizes, Giveaways and More!

Also that day:

Free Father's day Make It and Take It at Michaels Craft Store 6/19/10

Stop by between 10 am and 2 pm to make a FREE Father's Day Card.




Also we don't have one of these stores, but I hear they are pretty common for most people lol..it sounds like fun!


Bass Pro Shops is having a FREE Family Summer Camp every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday until July 11th from 12 – 6 pm.

Here are the events you can participate in:

Free shooting gallery
Free casting pond
Free workshops
Free shooting range
Free crafts (noon to 2 pm)
Free Smores (5 pm to 6 pm)

Info Here!


I will post more fun events as I come across them!




No comments:

Post a Comment