Want to earn Amazon Gift Cards and more? Click my swagbucks link to learn more!

Search & Win

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Yea for Remy's Birthday!

My oldest daughter Remy turns 12 on July 4th. Because it is a holiday and my husband gets extra pay for working holidays we are celebrating her birthday this Friday on his day off. This way we don't have to rush our plans for the day just so he can get to work lol!

First, as I previously told ya'll, we do dinner and a movie for Birthdays versus the traditional party and presents. Because it can get pricey with five of us..okay Peanut is free lol..I like to hunt for discounts and coupons. This year I got 2 FREE movie tickets from Pop Tarts rebate, a $5 voucher for the concession stand from a Kellogg's cereal rebate to help pay for that popcorn, and today in my email I got my $5 off coupon for Red Lobster which is Remy's dinner choice EVERY year lol! I can't believe I haven't mentioned this discount before!

Red Lobster is expensive and I can't STAND paying so much (of course my child gets the Ultimate Feast lol) but since we only go once a year for Remy's Birthday I try to save as much as possible on the bill. That is why I joined the Red Lobster Fresh Catch Club! You get alerts on Red Lobster events, specials AND a Birthday Surprise in your email! The Surprise is $5/2 entrees..which while it isn't a ton of money saved EVERY little bit counts!

HERE is the info!

Now Remy's movie choice is Twilight Eclipse..no surprise there lol..and since it is already selling out at our theatre, I already turned in my vouchers and got our tickets! We are going to the 1240pm showing so we paid matinee prices (8.00/adult and 7.25/child). Using my two Pop Tart
vouchers I saved 16.00! I had another movie voucher from the Hershey's rebate I told ya'll about a while ago, but I had to use it the day of the movie and since I didn't want to chance a sell out I plan on saving that ticket for later! I paid 14.50 out of pocket for the girls..luckily child prices go up to age 11 and since Remy won't be 12 until Sunday we just made it! I was also able to swipe my Regal Cinema Crown Club card!

Info HERE!

You can earn rewards for going to the movies! Free movies, popcorn, drinks, and more! All for FREE since the card costs nothing! Besides my points from the tickets I purchased I also got 5 BONUS points for seeing Eclipse!

(check my prior posts for details on the movie rebates mentioned in this post)

Since I told ya'll I would let you know when I ran across them HERE is another great idea for ways to spend time with the kiddos during the summer without breaking the bank! FREE movies at Regal Cinemas on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 10am!

See ya'll at the movies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment